Frequently Asked Questions
Many questions often reach us. So please check the frequently asked questions first to see if your question has already been answered.
Why are repetitions not recorded again and again?
- Do you take a short break with the corresponding rest position of the barbell before each repetition? This is necessary for older sensor generations and after strong impacts. Pay attention to the indicator in the training bar.
- Is the minimum distance to count a repetition correctly selected in the settings?
- Are you connected to a Bluetooth headset or similar during recording? Some models take so much bandwidth that Vmaxpro can no longer receive enough data to recognize your repetitions.
- Strong vibrations caused by loose iron plates on the barbell can prevent repetitions from being detected. We recommend the use of clamps.
Why do I not automatically receive the Vmaxpro Trainer extension as a customer of the first hour?
We assign this extension automatically based on certain parameters. Due to certain circumstances it can sometimes happen that these are not fulfilled and then no license is granted. Just write us a mail and we will activate the extension for you manually.
Why are very slow excentric movements not recorded?
Our measuring technology, with its high demand on data accuracy, has certain physical limits within which it works reliably. Very slow eccentric movements in combination with a fast concentric phase can lead to faulty recordings.
Why doesn't the app give me any training recommendations?
All recommendations are based on the velocity profile for an athlete in an exercise. For this profile at least 3 loads over 40% 1RM must be recorded at maximum execution velocity. Furthermore, it is important for the accuracy of the 1RM estimation that the MVT is known. For this you can perform a set between 70 and 90% until shortly before the failure.
Why is my 1-RM wrong or jumps heavily?
- The 1-RM is calculated from velocities at different loads and the slowest execution speed. This is assumed starting with 0.5 m/s and adapts itself by learning.
- Consciously slow repetitions with light weight lead to misjudgments.
- Were all weights entered correctly?
- Each variation of an exercise, e.g. Squat or Front squat, must be created as a separate exercise in order to be able to make valid statements about the 1-RM.
How long does the battery last?
The battery of older generation sensors normally lasts about 4 hours in training. This time can be lower due to external environmental influences, such as low temperatures.
Not every discharge curve of the battery batches is absolutely identical, whereby the app can partially display the charge state incorrectly.
If very low battery life should occur permanently, please contact us and we will find a solution together.
Our new sensor generation has a significantly improved battery life and should have no problems.
Which exercises can be recorded?
There is no restriction on the type and number of exercises that can be created. The different exercise types are queried individually when they are created and can be configured accordingly.
For which devices and operating systems is the app available?
The app is currently only compatible for iOS devices with at least iOS 11 or newer. All iPhones, iPads and iPod touches that support this iOS are compatible. Right now we are looking for funding the development of an Android version.
Where's the Android version?
Even though we can’t provide an Android version at the moment, we definitely plan to do so in the future. We do not have the necessary capacities for the implementation. When the time comes, you will be informed via one of our communication channels. The Android version is definitely the big goal for 2019!
What is the reliability of Vmaxpro's data?
In cooperation with the University of Magdeburg we have prepared various papers in which we have Vmaxpro compete against gold standard software and hardware from VICON.
If your questions could not be answered here, you can also send us a message via our contact form. We will help you as soon as possible.